Turnaround Time

The very first person that I spoke with Wednesday, 01/17/2018, was helpful and not at all condescending.The following day, I received a call from a "supervisor" that was awful.

He claimed that they had been notified that I had another insurance provider (Insurance B) and that they would not approve the breast pump that I had chosen. When I explained to him that I had never mentioned that I had a secondary insurance provider and that I wished to use the insurance (Insurance A) that I had provided in my original call because I had talked with a representative at Insurance A and was even mailed information specifically indicating to call Edgepark Medical Supplies. However, the "supervisor" proceeded to tell me that Edgepark Medical Supplies indicated that Insurance B was my primary and that if they denied the breast pump, that Edgepark Medical Supplies would not use the secondary. I again explained to him that I never gave them my information for Insurance B and that I did not want them to file a claim with Insurance B.

Mind you, this is all occurring while I'm trying to nurse my newborn. Out of frustration, I raised my voice and told him that he just needed to use Insurance A and not even attempt to contact Insurance B regarding the matter and hung up the phone. Later that day, I received an email stating that the pump had been shipped. Having worked in insurance, I knew that this seemed suspicious because there was no way a claim had been processed that quickly.

This morning, I called first thing to see if my suspicions were accurate - they were. First of all, the woman that I spoke with was just as rude as the supervisor. She proceeds to sound like she is scolding me by telling me, "Well, you were told yesterday that Insurance A might not pay for the pump but you said to just ship the pump anyway and that you would pay for it if it wasn't covered." Which is completely false. I then explained to her that was completely false because Insurance A is a form of MEDICAID.

Do you really think that if I am poor enough to be eligible for Medicaid, that I can afford the breast pump?!? I was then placed on hold for 21 minutes and 34 seconds, only for the same woman to come back on the line and belittle me some more. I finally raised my voice back at her and told her how rude her company was - that I didn't appreciate being yelled at by the supervisor or her. She then explained to me that she wasn't yelling, she is a loud talker.

To which I responded that she could have fooled me, that she should be ashamed of the way that she was talking and that I hope that she didn't talk like that to all of the customers - seeing how most of us are new mothers. In the end I cancelled the shipment of the breast pump from Edgepark Medical Supplies.

I'll be making a suggestion to Insurance A to never use them in the future.This was the worst customer service that I have had to deal with given the circumstances.

Review about: Edgepark Medical Supplies Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.