2.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

Son has T1D, Dr.authorized and encouraged CGM use to control A1C.

Worked with insurance & Edgepark to understand pricing. Was told what my balance would be, and we agreed on a 3 month service plan for the device. Also that the monthly sensors would also be a certain price once insurance was applied. 1.

My son is a twin. Edgepark got his gender incorrect, so the insurance company has been applying the benefit to the NON-DIABETIC KID. The fun begins. 2.

I paid an additional $1400 on top of the payment plan just to be able to order the sensors he needs. (An "owed balance" prevents you from automatically re-ordering online.) Even after getting the "hey, remember our payment plan agreement?" conversation, and promise that the account would be updated to reflect this, that was never done. I bit the bullet and paid the remaining balance in full - because the kid needs his sensors. 3.

Sensors were supposed to be $59.99 with insurance each month. Late last week - it showed "$299". They hadn't verified with insurance. 4.

I called the insurance company to help. Noted that the "deductibles" and "out of pockets" were being applied to the wrong kid. Shame on insurance company - it could take 30 DAYS TO GET IT STRAIGHTENED OUT. 5.

Logging on today, thinking I can finally spend $59.99 for the sensors, since I finished paying for the device, now it says the sensors are $599.00. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Though of course, now that the device is paid for, I'm free to spend the $599.) Now that I've spent $2K + for this device, I can't afford sensors at $599. In fact - I CAN"T EVEN AFFORD THE TEST STRIPS HE NEEDS AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THE *** SENSORS. The primary issues: (1) Unclear (or flat out false) expectations as to true costs of device and sensors.

(2) Poor bookkeeping/tracking of customer conversations (esp. in re: payment plans) (2) Careless data entry causing insurance issues. I will continue to work with my insurance company - who, of course, forces you to work with Edgepark- but a better way forward would be commitments and plans in writing, following an insurance review.

There is enough uncertainty and stress when managing a chronic disease.Edgepark is adding to the burden.

Review about: Dexcom Glucose Monitoring System.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: People seem nice but cannot seem to help.

I didn't like: Pricing changes, Bad data entry careless.

Had an Experience with Edgepark Medical Supplies?

Comments